Tuesday, January 06, 2004

The place, New York. The time, 6.06 pm. The date, 6 of January. The year, 2004.

I have always wanted to pen down my thoughts... but somehow I am always putting it off to another day, time or year. Enough is ENOUGH, 2004 is the year that I should start on this assignment of mine. And what better time than to start writing my blog in the beginning of a new year... where everything can start afresh. Or... can it?

On every 31st of December, 11.55 pm... a lot of people at different parts of the world will anticipate eagerly for the coming new year. "10, 9, 8... 5...3... 2... ONE!" And everyone will start screaming "HAPPY NEW YEAR", and hug whoever who is either fortunately or should I say, unfortunately within one's reach. This ecstatism will usually lingers for a few days where many people cant help but to blurt "Happy New year!" when ever they are in a social gathering. And in extreme cases, they will start hugging everybody all over again...

Please do not be mistaken, I do not have anything against hugging and I, certainly have nothing against New Years either. However, I have always wondered what is exactly so "happy" about a new year? When people wish each other "happy new year", do they sincerely wish that a happy and blissful new year will bestow upon that particular individual?

Well... I doubt so.

No comments: