Wednesday, November 10, 2004

To the Moon and back

I jumped on a plane and flew to Vancouver last week and after spending a cold and wet week there, I am now in cold and windy Chicago. And will be heading back to hot and sunny Singapore by next week.

Vancouver – The most picturesque city in the world?

I think I will agree with that. The snow cap mountains, the sea, the maple-look-alike trees (my Canadian friend said that those were NOT maple tress but a wanabe) lining the sidewalks, the fallen red and yellow leaves. It’s as if I was in the enchanted garden…

On a cloudless day, every time I looked out of my friend’s window, I will see the Vancouver city, with the mountains – Cypress and Grouse as the back drop. Ahhh… I must say that the view took my breath away every time.

And being a ski freak, I actually took a day trip to Whistler (2010 Winter Olympic), one of the BEST skiing resorts in North America and spent half a day looking wistfully at the mountains, imagining that I was up there skiing and braving Blackcomb’s and Whistler’s slopes.

Sigh… but too bad for me, the skiing season has not started yet and I guess I just have to come here another time. *sad*

Vancouver all in all, gave me a very relax feel to it. Outdoor activities are easily available all year round. Ski/snowboard your heart out in the winter, water-rafting in spring, camping and hiking in summer and biking/horseback riding in fall…. …. The change of the season, in turn, will change your lifestyle, your activities and your wardrobe, and it’s this kind of change I really look forward to

Everyone is nicer, friendly and genuinely greet strangers with smile… something I am really unaccustomed to. And I thought San Francisco and Chicago were laid back…

Will definitely want to go back to Vancouver again. To Whistler. To Ski.

No comments: