Nobody Knows...
Watched this heart wrenching movie yesterday but I did not shed a single tear. This is rather surprising since I am such a cry baby. In fact, the whole notion of watching this movie alone was hoping that I can cry in peace.
That did not happen. But I am left to be depressed for the whole of yesterday and today, most probably for the whole of this week.
The movie, “Nobody Knows” – “Dare Mo Shiranai” is directed by Hirokazu Koreeda, and its main cast: 4 beautiful and talented young actors and actresses.
If you like action and fast-paced movie, this is not for you. But if want movies that are sincere and set you thinking, you will enjoy the next 2 hrs and 15 mins while watching Nobody Knows.
The movie’s style is very subtle and honest. It did not attempt to glamorize anything nor did it try to exaggerate the children’s pitiful plight. But because of that, the movie touched my heart.
This might be a fiction, but I have never appreciated my mother more, and the fact that I was able to go to school and have a childhood.
It also set you thinking about being responsible parents and what children have to suffer due to selfish parents.
My god… I am soooooo depressed.
By the way, I am now reading a Japanese novel, titled “Out”. Author: Natsuo Kirino, translated by Stephen Snyder. Will touched on that when I am done with the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment