Tuesday, February 22, 2005

New Environment!

Finally… after being a bummer for 2 months, I am now a young, energetic and productive individual in the workforce! Contributing to my country’s GDP and GNP growth rates and increasing Singapore Consumer Spending Index by 0.000143%!

So much for getting a job huh?

Currently. I am a two-day old Financial Anal-yst of a U.S MNC… … So far so good. But as usual, there are a few things that I am anal about:

1) There is a HUGE Christmas tree right outside my cube… in fact, it is BLOCKING the entrance to my cube, which I am sharing with another fellow senior analyst. Everything is fine EXCEPT for this dumb Christmas tree. Hello…? Xmas is long over, so why can’t somebody keep this tree away??? And it doesn’t help that the Xmas tree is VERY UGLY. It’s such an eye sore… …Although it seems that my senior analyst has strong feelings for this tree. He claims that it can ward off “Evil Wind” – “Sha Qi”. So, meanwhile… I will give this tree a chance and keep it under observation for its ability to ward off evil spirits.

2) Someone here claimed that there is a tradition of Newbies buying breakfast for the rest of senior staffs in the department. What a ridiculous tradition??!! Seems to be a “Te-kan” (which means bullying) tactic for the seniors to throw their weight around!

Anyway, there are 2 newcomers in my department and so two of us are supposed to buy breakfasts for the rest of the team. Well… too bad, guys. That is NOT happening since I am pretending that I am short of hearing and make a point to disappear whenever the word “breakfast” is mentioned.

Hmnp. There is no free lunch nor breakfast in this world !!!

No comments: