Monday, March 28, 2005

Time to update

Have not been blogging and that is mainly due to my heavy workload of my new job. I guess everyone (“everyone” here means my friends) should have known by now that I am currently working for an U.S MNC. So besides slaving my ass off… I barely have enough time to sleep, exercise and file my U.S taxes. Blogging is on my last priority.

Talking about filing of U.S taxes… and it boils my blood. I did my tax last year and F.Y.I, filing U.S tax is not as simple as Singapore. Firstly, I will have to file 2 forms for the U.S federal tax and after that, one will also file tax against the State(s) you have stayed or earned an income from in that fiscal year. So, this year, I will have to file for 2 State taxes – NY and IL, addition of a filing against Federal. In total, 6 forms to file. 6 LONG forms.

Since I left the U.S last November, I have employed a certified tax consultant, before my departure to file my tax for 2005, and paid 150 USD for her *$^%#%&* service!

She is totally irresponsible. Not only did she not reply to my emails/questions, she made many mistakes in my filing. So, out of desperation, I had to file my own taxes again. Considered that 150 USD down the drain then.

So after a few late nights of reading up and filing of 6 tax forms, I am finally done and have just sent out my tax forms via Fedex this morning.

Moral of the story: Do not trust Americans. Especially those who claim that they can file your tax. They will just suck your blood.

No comments: