Sunday, May 08, 2005

Am I demanding or what?

Having a issue with my beloved: I am into Salsa but my beloved is not, so for the past 3 months or so, I have been going to my salsa classes alone, salsa bars alone and salsa parties alone.

In the beginning, I was very unhappy with him, in fact, more than unhappy. I was down right PISSED. How could that donkey (I meant my beloved) be so unsupportive of my passion? I have always been crazy about dancing, and this time round, I am very serious about mastering salsa, but he was totally oblivious to my pleas to come down to salsa bars and check out my sexy, groovy moves that I have learnt in class.

Now, I am (in a sense, in a certain pathetic sense) glad of this arrangement, I am pleased with the fact that I have widen my social circle and know many friends with the same passion for salsa. I am delighted with the fact that I can dance with cute guys without any disapproving glares and basically enjoy myself without Mr Grumpy Donkey (I meant my beloved again) buzzing around.

Previously, my salsa friends would asked me “hey, where’s your boyfriend?” and I’m like “Oh… he’s not interested in salsa” and people will then give me this sympathetic glare…. As if they were saying “Awww… the long suffering girlfriend, and the boyfriend does not even love her enough to learn salsa with her”

Yah, shut up. I do not need you to rub salt into my wound…

So, we have argued many times regarding to this matter and it has always boil down to him saying “I do not force you into doing anything you do not like, so why are you doing this to me now?”

Fine. I have been an idiot. No more tagging along to driving ranges to drive myself to boredom with golf. No more tagging along to wine classes and dinners, instead I should really have spent my money on salsa classes. No more mingling with his friends… especially those I have totally no interest in.

He has taken my presence for granted and I will not let that happen again.

No comments: