Ouch… I am in pain…
My upper body is so sore that the minutest movement hurts like hell… even brushing my teeth causes my forearms and triceps to hurt…
But I am not complaining! I actually welcome the pain! All these pains mean that I put my muscles to good use on last Sunday… in fact, maybe too much of a good use…
I went wall climbing last Sunday at Keppel Tower! The place is called ClimbAdventure ( http://www.climbadventure.com/index.htm )and it conducts classes for beginners as well as intermediate climbers. Basically, it’s like a studio with many walls for one to climb.
Each wall is only 7.5 meters, so it is definitely more suitable for beginners (like me!). One can either go for the Level one and two classes or chooses to pay 5 bucks and the place is yours for you to climb the whole day.
Unfortunately… I forgot to bring my digcam along and thus, no photos! ;(
But, I will definitely bring my camera the next time round and catch some live actions!
Despite of the pain and aches, I will still recommend wall/rock climbing because it is a total body workout! In fact… one session of wall climbing equates to 5 sessions of hardcore gym. It has been a long time since my body aches like that… every muscle is screaming with pain whenever I try to lift my arms…
Nonetheless, I hope to go for more climbing sessions, not only to tone up my body, but also to improve on my mental strength. This is definitely one sport where one has to conquer one’s fear or one’s many fears.
It can be fear of height, fear of falling, fear of looking like a cockroach scurrying up a wall (Ugly climbing postures!!!) or fear of not able to complete the wall… But at the end of the day, I realized that it’s all the state of my mind. If I told myself that I can do it… I can definitely do it. Wall climbing taught me NOT to doubt myself and believe in my body, as it is actually stronger than I thought.
So... anyone wana join me in wall climbing? ;p
p/s: Since the walls are indoor, so it's air conditioned! Yoo-hoo! No hot and sticky bodies with BO!
No comments:
Post a Comment