Monday, August 08, 2005

I am learning driving!

I am finally learning how to drive! Yeah!

In fact, I am already in my 3rd lesson (only!) and currently taking classes from Singapore Safety Driving Centre at Yio Chu Kang. Looking around, I think I am one of the oldest hags learning how to drive… sigh. Even my instructor is as old as I am! We are both 25 but he is my INSTRUCTOR and bossing me around… …

Nonetheless, I am having quite a lot of fun zipping around in the little white Honda (the classic car from Singapore driving schools). Finally, I have a powerful engine within my control to unleash the “Michelle Schumacher” in me! My instructor (poor guy) is always screaming at me “slower! SLOWER! Why are you in fifth gear? Go down to the 3rd!”

Well… if you were in his shoes, you most probably would have insisted to take over the wheels and drive instead! That’s because I have “eyes-hands-and-feet” coordination problem. Yet, I was still zooming around in 5th gear! (3rd lesson… 5th gear… wahahaha)

But not to worry, I am a very kia-see (afraid to die) driver and will never compromise on my safety or any road users’ safety. This is especially so after my near-death accident in California last year… … Even just thinking about it, gives me the shudder and the urge to pray and give my thanks to whatever god or fairy godmother who had to work OT just to keep me alive.

Now, I have a new resolution:

1) Pass my practical driving test within the first attempt!

Wish me luck!!! ;p

O yah, Happy 40th Birthday, Singapore!

Tomorrow, 9 Aug will be our National Day. Time to wear red and white and sing “We’r Singapore, We’r Singapore, We’ll stand together and hear the lion roar…”

Singapore, although you are a real prude, with no sense of adventure or what ever humor… I still love you nonetheless!

No comments: