Vietnam! Here I come!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I will be spending 9 days in Vietnam in TWO days time! Woohoo!
Simply cannot wait… Been working too hard, so I am really looking forward to this trip. It has been a while since I last visited a developing country. It had been 7 years since I last backpacked Thailand, which I covered north and central Thailand in two weeks.
This time round, I will be backpacking Vietnam from south to north in only 9 days. Yup… I know it sounds kinda tight but 9 days are all I can afford to take. Nonetheless, I will make the best out of it. ;)
Have you ever watched the movie, The Lover? It was directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, with Tony Leong and Jane March as the lead actor and actress respectively. It was set in Vietnam, in the late 1950s, about a 15 year-old french girl having a scandalous affair with a wealthy 30-something businessman. The relationship was tragic, yet romantic. Erotic, yet ugly. Manipulative, yet heart-breaking. Innocent yet complicated.
And that was my impression of Vietnam too…
But I think that is about to change.
1 comment:
:)
And the travelling starts again ;). I'm going there in Nov. so you prepare me for all the nice things when you return!
Post a Comment