The big switchzeroo
Ok, I am still alive and that is because I did not run 21 km last Sunday.
I did not chicken out. I repeat, I did not chicken out!!! ;p
Well… I was still coughing rather badly on Saturday night and Boyfriend suggested that we should exchange our running bibs instead. Boyfriend did not sign up for the run initially, but managed to hitch one bib at the very last minute because one of his colleagues decided not to take part in the 10 km run.
After a long though of 3 mins… I decided that he was right after all. In my condition, I could not pull off the half-marathon at all. So on Sunday, Boyfriend was running as “Lee XXX XX” (my name) and I was running as “Henry XXX” (His colleague).
We woke up at 430 am, each wolfed down 2 bananas and put on our running gear and we were all set. The full marathon started at 6 am, but by 520 am, the area (Esplanade) was already flooded with runners. It was like a carnival, with the music blasting and all the fanfare. Finally, it was 6 am and the marathoners set off from their starting point with the music blasting “Who let the dogs out, woof woof woof woof!!!”
After an hour, it was time for the quarter marathoners to set off! The run was pretty relaxing in the beginning, but as I hit my 6 km, my nose began to run faster than my legs… yeek… Not a very pretty sight! And with no tissues… I snorted and sniffed for the remaining 4 km.
Finally after 1 hour and 8 minutes, I completed the 10 km run! With sweat, snorts, mucus and all! Yeah!
It was a good run and I was pretty proud of myself. Heh heh… Now, I am extremely motivated to sign up for the run next year and will continue to train for the next one year!
No comments:
Post a Comment