My BIG run: 4 Dec 2005
In 3 days time, I will be facing my greatest physical challenge ever – a half marathon of 21 km.
As you may know, I have been training for this run for 2 and a half months. In fact, up to last week, I ran at least 3 times a week, each run I will clock at least 10 km.
And guess what… … I am now down with a slight flu!!! Not the full blown flu with running nose, fever and cough, but the itchy sore throat, the half-blocked nose and slight body ache.
I have never been more frustrated!!! All these months of training and my stupid body has to fall ill at this time of the year!!??!! A-R-G-H… ….
Nonetheless, I have decided to participate in the run. I may not be in my top form, but I believe I can still make it. Well… at least I hope that only one part of my body will be running, and that’s my legs. (NOT nose!)
Mind over body. Mind over body. Mind over body. *chant*
With this half marathon, I am looking forward to train for the next year for the full marathon in December 2006. Hrm… that’s if I am still alive after this Sunday!
Ok, my dear friends please wish me all the luck and may I complete the run in less than 3 hours! For those who are in Singapore, you are more than welcome to wait for me at the finishing line with a bottle of champagne!
My run will start at 6.30 am and hopefully, I should be done between 9 am to 9.30 am.
For those who cannot make it, there’s always next year!
p/s: don't worry... at any time during the run if I feel unwell, I will stop. As I've mentioned earlier, there's always next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment