Too much good food and wine…
Past weekend was a sinful one.
One of BF’s good friends organized a wine tasting event: “Pinot Noir: Old World vs New World” on last Saturday. It was a small affair with only 12 but 2 “heavy weights” of the local wine scene were around!
So, I was privileged to taste some of the better Pinots from Burgundy, Australia and Oregon. (No New Zealand though.. weird)
One Pinot really caught my fancy, Domain Drouhin from the US, Oregon. Most of seasoned drinkers did not find the wine great as it was “very un-pinot”. At the beginning, the wine had a “smoky” nose, with a tinge of roasted peanuts. Very un-pinot indeed.
However, as the night progressed on, the wine evolved to a slight herbal nose with the usual tinge of strawberry. And finally, the full nose of raspberry, oak and fruits were presented at the very end.
What a delight!
Usually, I am an “Old World” drinker, usually prefer Burgundy, Bordeaux, Chablis, Pomerol or Italian. Not a great fan of Australia or US, as I find the wine to be “too big” for my taste.
However, this Pinot Noir from Oregon was really elegant and well-made. And most important of all, it was able to "hold" for at least 4 to 5 hours. It constantly evolved and changed, and did not collapsed. Unlike some other Pinots, which collapsed after 2 hours or so. Definitely the “wine of the night” for me.
O yah… and I ate so much. Not a pretty sight.
Argh… this weekend will be another sinful week. Mooncake “celebration” on Friday and another wine dinner on Sat. This time, the theme is Amarone from Italy. Hmmm… tough theme!
Alrite, enough of all the snooty and "ah-tas" stuff.
The haze is back and it's killing me... it's really irritating my eyes and throat. Worse of all, I can't run outdoors!
And with all these rich food and wine... I AM GETTING FAT.
I need a gym membership... but being a "giam-kana", I refused to pay for anything that costs more than $5 bucks. Sigh... I missed my old gym from my previous workplace, which cost only 5 dollars, with shower facilities and a swimming pool somemore!
;(
No comments:
Post a Comment