Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Inheritance of loss

BF’s friend gave me this book during last X’mas and I’ve finally finished it *yeah!*

Overall, it was an enjoyable book (won the booker price last year hor, don’t play play), I like the way the author played with her words, story line is a tab weak though.

All in all, it still couldn’t beat The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. This book totally broke my heart and got me to appreciate the English language again. The story was tragic yet with a touch of innocence and joy. For both times that I read the book, for both times, I wept. I wept for him - the “God" of small things, I wept for the forbidden love between him and "Ammu" and I wept for the innocence lost by the twins.

I read it somewhere that Arundhati Roy is working on her second novel and I am so looking forward to it!

If there is one book that I will recommend, it has to be this book – The God of Small Things. (Lord of the Rind is the second that I’ll recommend!!)

Open your heart when you read it. Some said it's a girly book... yah yah, macho men only read books like "Dune" ah? Wrong! I read "Dune" too. But seriously, God of Small Thing touched me like no other books had ever able to...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I can't wait to borrow it when I go back home!