During the week when I was alone at home, dealing with pain and cough, there was only one guy who was keeping me company all those while… and that was Harry.
Harry Potter.
Yup, I am one of the grannies out there who actually reads Harry Potter. I read the first two books of Harry Potter and realised that the movies actually did quite a good job, thus for part 3, 4 and 5, I only watched the movies and saved on some time and money. Ha.
However, after watching Part 5 – “Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix” AND with the craze about the final book of “Harry Potter and the deathly hallows”, I simply HAD to read the last two books!
Thus, I started to hunt for book 6 – “Harry Potter and the half blood prince” and guess what? It was sold out everywhere! Getting desperate, I went online to the website of our National Library Board, found the book and reserved it for only S$1.50!
After two sleepless nights, I finished book 5 and practically ran to the nearest Popular Bookshop and bought Book 7.
Many of you should know by now that Harry Potter did NOT die and it was a happy ending after all. Although it was all cliché and predictable, I am really glad Harry defeated the Dark lord and lived to get married to Ginny. I got all warm and fuzzy at the part where Ron and Hermione’s children were kicking a rocket with Harry and Ginny’s kids…
Awww…
Now that I am done with the final book, I am a little lost and depressed. Even re-reading Lord of the Rings did not cheering me up. Hmmm, I have the urge to re-read book one – “Harry and the Philosopher’s Stone” and the whole series all over again!
1 comment:
An unrelated comment: that picture was taken in the buffet restaurant in Banyan Tree! I recognize it!
Post a Comment