
Rose among the thorns
I’ve been hanging out with BF’s friends lately and most of them are really much older than us. I’ll say that on average, we are like 10 years younger, thus we are like the “kids” among the “uncles”…
Usually we will get together over wines and dinners, and these “uncles” are serious about their wines manz! I always learn so much from these “uncles”, be it about wines, about markets, about properties, about life… …
So much so that, I find some of my peers extremely boring and to a certain extend, childish.
I’m not trying to be snobbish here, just trying to justify to myself that I am NOT suffering from pre-mature aging! Just that I’ve been hanging around with too many old farts!
But seriously, I really like to listen to their experiences… there are important lessons to be learnt and hopefully, from their stories and experience, I can learn from their errors and not to commit the same mistakes. But at times, I feel that I am just a free loader, and felt like a bimbo. These gatherings usually make me feel a bit stupid.
Anyway, above is a picture taken at the Jade restaurant @ the forum. O yah, another point that I’ve noticed: very few lady drinkers…
No comments:
Post a Comment