
http://www.blogthings.com/whatamericancityareyouquiz/
This is so weird… all along I have a “love-hate” relationship with New York. New York is like an abusive, manipulative, bad-boy BF who is brad-Pitt-gorgeous and great in bed.
Seriously.
I still remember vividly when I first arrived in New York; I was like “Yeek, UGLY city!” So god-damn dirty and people are ridiculously rude AND pretentious. It took me almost 3 months to appreciate New York for its buzz, diversity, fuck-it attitude, and its… *gasp* beauty.
New York is really, truly amazing. Shopping is great (if you can afford it), food is fantastic. You can find GREAT and I mean, blow-your-mind-GREAT restaurants of different cuisines all around the world. The nightlife is unbelievable. I watched so much ballet and opera to last me a life time. I watched Madonna LIVE in concert at Madison Square Garden.
Everyday in New York is exciting and you'll never know what/who is going to throw in your way.
THAT is what I love about New York.
And after staying in New York for slightly over a year, many people have asked me whether I will like to stay there again.
Strangely, the answer is “no”
I don’t think I can handle its craziness, noise, filth, zest and energy. They are all too much for me.
Given the choice, I’ll rather stay in the country-side, some place like Margaret River in Perth or Burgundy in France, where I can breathe fresh air, eat my home-grown vegetables, drink my self-made wine; where I can play with my 2 dogs and 3 cats in the morning sun; where I can look at endless greenery and feel my space and existence in this world and not having to share that with anyone.
Guess I am not that competitive anymore. Guess I am getting old.
1 comment:
Hello Girl!
Right on! That's exactly how I feel and felt. :).
I'm glad you enjoyed your holidays :).
- Kai Ping
Post a Comment