Am I suay or what?
Met a series of unfortunate incidents recently… The story goes:
[A] Two days after my half-marathon, I thought I should do some stretching to help me recover from the muscle aches. Thus, I went to the hot yoga class. BAD move as my body was still tired, I overestimated myself and I ended up pulling a muscle along my spine. Little do I know that, this little pull of muscle is going to cause so much grief.
At first I was ok, but as the day went along, I began to experience pain in my knee, then ankle and finally, my back. The pain came sharp and fast and hit me like a needle poking into my joints. The very next day, I went to look up this Sinseh (who is excellent!) and just after one session of acupuncture and “ba-gua” (cup suction), I felt better already.
[B] So after 3 days, thinking that I am good to do some light exercise, I went to the gym again to do some walking (NOT running) and stationary biking. Another bad move! Immediately, my ankle began to hurt. I ignore the mild pain and continue my cardio workout for a total of 25 mins. I actually felt pretty good after sweating it out although the mild pain at my left ankle was bugging me a little.
On the very same night, my back began to hurt really badly. So much so that, I cant move without going “ouch, ouch ouch!” So, the very next day, I was back to the sinseh again and he was screaming at me that I needed to rest and allow my back muscles to heal and blah, blah, blah… in other words, I am not allowed to exercise for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Thankfully, this skillful sinseh once again resolved my pain and basically I am up and about pain-free in no time.
In fact, I was so itching for a run that I sneaked out and did a short 4 km on last sun. I made sure that I warmed up properly and did a really slow 2 km run and a 2 km walk. Ahhh… felt much better after that and NO pain! Yay!
I am just waiting for my body to heal and can’t wait to slowly start exercising again. Hmm, if weather permits, I’ll like to do another slow run tmr! Hopefully, no pain and injuries this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment