Thursday, February 14, 2008

Planning of a wedding

Ok, so it seems that many people are more excited about my wedding than me. I am excited, but I am also a little stressed due to my CFA L2 exam in June (which I am really behind in my preparations!) and the dilemma of whether Beloved and I should get our own place/apartment in the current market conditions.

Anyway, we are now waiting for the great-old-mighty fengshui master to get back to us on the auspicious dates that we can get married and things should start moving after that. We are hoping that we can hold the wedding in this Dec!

We’ll be checking out 2 restaurants on this Saturday. Beloved and I are planning to have our dinner banquet in a “wine-tasting dinner” style, where people can and WILL enjoy the food and wine. We’ll also like to have time to interact with our guests and so we’re looking to host about 6-10 tables ONLY. And no, I don’t have the intention to change like 3 million gowns ‘cos this is my wedding dinner, not Milan fashion show. The REAL reason is because I wana EAT MY FOOD and have fun talking with my guests, and not to waste time jumping around in my stockings, while trying to wear my 50th set of earrings and changing into my 300th gown.

Many of my friends who have tied their knots recently, all said that the planning process to a wedding is enjoyable and I should immerse myself in the hair-clenching, blood-vomiting, cold-sweating wedding planning.

Hrm. There’s a reason why wedding planners are still making moolah here. And I relate to the reason… although I am just too cheapskate to hire one!

Luckily Beloved is really into planning and organization of “events”. He’s like the Asian version of David Tutera, the Party Planner. (Those who watched Discovery Travel & Living will know who I am talking about!)

Hrm. No, Beloved is not gay. At least I don’t think he is… … …

No comments: