Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ok, decided to make some changes to my blog. It’s about time anyway…

Past few days haven’t been all that good. My back muscles have been hurting again… although it’s more of a kind of dull ache. Also been going for my therapy sessions rather regularly, in addition to the stretching that I’ve been doing at home.

So, apparently, my condition is rather serious. So much so that the orthopedic surgeon suggested that I should go for surgery. It’s not something urgent but if I ever want a straighter spine, my only way out is to go under the knife. Well, according to him anyway.

To me, surgery should be the last resort, if I can stabilize my curvature through exercise, therapy and yoga, isn’t that a better solution than to stick a metal piece into my spine and I could never, ever bend that section of my spine again?

So, I’m going to give myself 2 years… where I’ll totally devote my time to healing myself through stretching exercises, low impact sports like swimming, walking and biking, as well as regular therapy if required.

If all those don’t work, then go for surgery loh. At least by then my back muscles will be in a better shape, more supple and flexible. That will allow the surgeon to pull my spine straighter anyway.

Haiz. Life is kinda depressing quite now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dunno what to say...

Hang in there?
*hugs*

black is the new pink. :P