I found my sole!
One day, when I finally wore something decent to work, when I looked into the mirror and saw a trendy dresser, when I put on this pair of cute, dainty-looking heels and sashaying while on my way home… and suddenly, “Phat”.
I stumbled and realized that the sole of my left heel somehow got torn away and was stuck by the side of a side road. Still wanting to look pretty, I simply kicked that useless piece of plastic away and continued walking, as if nothing happened. I figured that I can easily go to my trusted cobbler to fix another sole, and I can wear my cute, dainty, made-in-china cheapskate heels once again.
The following weekend, I religiously took my heel to my cobbler, requesting him to attach a sole. To my horror, my cobbler said that most cobblers in Singapore do not stock up on soles anymore because most soles and (cheapskate) shoes/heels are being made in china. If he were to order from China, minimum order would be 500 pairs of soles. How on earth could he finish all 500 pairs?
I should set up some Cobblers Association where these old men can pool their orders together! Geez… not very enterprising, these people.
Not believing his story, I took a little detour and checked out this Ah Pei who is also a cobbler, but in a make-shift little stall, next to a NTUC.
“Aiyah, Xiao-Jie, no xie-di (sole), cannot do lah”
“Really, ah? Uncle, really cannot ah?”
“Cannot lah, but you can find another old heel that you don’t want with similar height, then tear out the sole loh”
Hmnp. O well… I’ve just thrown ALL my old shoes away during the spring cleaning. Thanks leh.
Not admitting defeat, on the very next day, I went back to the very same small lane where I left my sole, hoping that it would still be there, and guess what… It was still sitting prettily by the side of the road!
Can’t believe that after 1 week, the sole was still there?! Obviously, the road sweepers and cleaners aren’t really doing their job, but good for me!
Of course, some people were giving me some weird looks when I picked up this dirty, little piece of black thing by the side of the road. But who cares, I FOUND MY SOLE!
Wahahaha… now I can go back to my cobbler and get my made-in-china heel fixed.
*Victory dance*
No comments:
Post a Comment