
Je suis chic
Instead of going to the gym, I was out shopping during lunch just now. I felt utterly, totally and definitely ugly when I came into office this morning.
I was running out of clothes to wear, partly because most of my clothes are currently in the “to-be-ironed” pile (and ever increasing), and seriously, life is so much more than ironing. Unless I’m on the verge of going to work naked the next day, then I’ll dutifully be a good wife and iron my own clothes.
Anyway, I wana talk about my shopping spree and not about the tragic wife who has to iron her own clothes…
So, this morning was one of those days where I came dangerously close to going to work naked, out of desperation, I pulled out a top that I’ve bought around 10 years ago. TEN FREAKING YEARS AGO?!
Can you believe that?!
The good part of this episode was that… well, I could still fit into clothes that I’ve bought 10 years ago. (Nevermind that the material was actually stretchable)
The horrible part was that I looked so dated… that I could almost blend into our office’s pantry.
ARGH….. and it really doesn’t help that I am constantly surrounded by beautiful female colleagues who dresses so well to work… …that it hurts.
So during lunch, I ran to the nearest Zara, bought 3 pieces of items and immediately changed into one.
There, I felt better already. Wearing a happy shade of yellow definitely makes me happy and feel a tad more confident about myself.
Je suis chic.
No comments:
Post a Comment