Thursday, June 10, 2010

We’re finally moving in!

Next Thursday, 17 June 2010, is supposedly an auspicious date for us to move into our new place and thus, by hook or by crook, Mr. Contractor gotta pull it together and hand over the keys, latest by Wednesday.

Our new place is almost ready, but as usual, there are still tons of stuff that needed some touch-ups. Some re-plastering/repainting of walls need to be done, our wet kitchen’s back splash hasn’t been installed yet, wine fridge’s socket is still not working, some of the cabinets’ hinges have to be changed … … etc.

Other than these nitties and gritties, we are almost ready to move in! Yeah!

So, being typical Chinese, we must, of course, consult a Fenghui Master to pick an auspicious date. Then prepare a basket of auspicious items, such as 4 – 8 Mandarin oranges, 1 pineapple, 6 bamboo shoots (I’m just going to get the canned equivalents), rice, sugar, salt, cooking oil, charcoal, a red packet with money, red dates, peanuts and …. Some other random items that I cannot remember for now.

But the most anticipated moment is when both Hub and I will roll the pineapple into the flat and shout “HUAT AH!!!”

That will be so hilarious but fun!

To be frank, I’m not so bothered whether we’ll “huat” or not in our new place, I just ask for peace, health and love. Money, to me, is not a big deal…

1 comment:

youhana said...

Nice