

My very first Black-Tie eventI have never been to any galas or charity dinners or formal, corporate functions that require a Black Tie dress code. Not ever in my 30 years of life.
And suddenly, Hub received an invitation to attend a formal dinner on National Day and the dress code is Black-Tie.
W.O.A.H
Hub already has a tux, as well as, different types of bowties and cummberbunds to choose from. He has the traditional bowtie and silk cummberbund for the true, blue traditional black tie function ala James Bond. He also has something that is more stylish, a thin, black silk ribbon for e bowtie, or even a grayish polka dot bowtie with matching cummberband that shouts FUN and yet still formal enough for a black tie event.
Yup, that’s my Hub for you.
As for me, to my horror, I realized that I do NOT own a formal, long gown. Damn… I should have bought my evening wedding gown 2 years ago instead of renting it. Argh… I REALLY loved my gown then. Unfortunately, my bridal studio had closed shop for good, so I can’t go back and buy back the gown; and I also seriously wonder whether I can still fit into that gown in the first place.
I do have a few pretty, flirty cocktail dresses and some formal but knee-length dresses. None deem fit for a black-tie function.
That means that I HAVE THE PREFECT REASON TO BUY A BEAUTIFUL GOWN!
I am secretly very excited!!! Of course, I showed my pained expression to Hub when he told me about the event last night and I was grumbling how I have to waste money buying a gown just for this event, but seriously, I WAS JUMPING FOR JOY AND EXCITEMENT once I was alone in the bedroom.
It is also stated on the invitation that “national dress” will also be acceptable since it will be National Day after all. So…. Does that mean that I can wear a Sari? A Cheongsum? A Sarong Kabaya?
Hmmm…. How about a Cheongsum gown? I have about a month to find a gown… which means that I have to get it off the rack instead of tailor-making one as the timeline is too tight.
Shopping time!
p/s: The orange gown on Michelle Yeoh is absolutely divine! But I don’t think orange will look good on me… but it’s such a beautiful gown isn’t it?
No comments:
Post a Comment