Cookie, in her "sulky" mood.My days with Cookie.
It has been half a year since we have moved into our new flat and all these while, Cookie, the neighbourhood cat has been keeping us company.
On weekdays, she will usually wait for us at the void deck in the evenings, and she will respond to our calls by running to us immediately upon hearing her name, and she'll meow while she trots over, seems to be telling us "what took you so long....?"
she will then follows us upstairs, and stations herself right in front of the gate because she HAS to be the first living thing to step into the house. Then she'll head straight for her water bowl and spend a few minutes lapping some water. After that, she will bug you relentlessly until you feed her.
Dinner is usually a small portion of canned food mixed with pieces of boiled Kunning fish. She has learnt the word "fish fish", and will immediately jump up from her sleep/nap if you ever mention "fish fish" to her, which is, of course vey cute. Heh...
We recently got ourselves a white porcelain cat as a decoration item, and Cookie at first, mistook the procelain as a real cat. She saw the porcelain and froze, her whiskers pulled back and she immediately leapord crawled towards her "new enemy". It was really hilarious!
She then stared at the porcelain for a few mintues, with a puzzled face, most probably thinking "hey, this idiot doesn't move?!" She moved even closer and started sniffing the porcelain cat.
Her body language immediately relaxed upon realizing that the procelain was a fake and she simply went to her usual corner to nap. Not at all interested in her "new best friend" anymore...
Haha.
That stupid cat. But how I love her so.

5 comments:
Ehhh... Just wondering... You did vaccinate, and deworm and de-flea and all?
Hrm.... ok, confession. I simply apply anti-flea/ticks lotion on Cookie once a quarter. Just applied a dosage on her last week. Other than that, nope, I've not vaccinated or dewormed her. New Year resolution: I must bring Cookie to a vet! But she seems fine and energetic, so I get complacent. Not the best excuse, i know.
She's a cutie!
Ummm... actually, I worry more for you. Flea infestation in an apartment is no fun to eradicate. I once rented a flea infested apartment in USA. We moved out pronto but I read up on how to get rid... Pets also get ear mites and skin mites that can cause you a lot of discomfort. I give Milo something to eat that ensures that whatever feeds on his blood, will die. Then, there are heartworms and ticks. Heartworms kill the pet by boring holes in its heart. Mites give mite fever. My friend's dog died of mite fever... I dunno if cats can get ticks though...
Yup, I know about the ear mites, skin mites and ticks. Thus, I check her ears every night and her fur every night too. I also give her a rub down with a damp cloth every other night and observe whether any creepy crawlies are present. So far so good, her coat is shiny and her paws, anus, ears are clean. Nonetheless, you are right, I should really bring her to a vet for a check up.
Post a Comment