Monday, December 13, 2010

Hmm... I wonder whether Cookie is willing to dress up for the party too? Haha...


No gift exchange for my X'mas party

I'm going to host my very first Xmas party/dinner at my place on this coming Saturday!

Relatively small crowd, only about 12 of us actually. Hub gotta attend a wedding dinner on that day though, so I'll be the one running the show. Heh heh...

I've done up my Xmas tree (ok, will update about the tree on my next post), bought the X'mas decorations from Daiso and planned my menu. So, I'm all set.

As usual, there will be a theme for this party, and the theme is .... ... ... *drum roll*

REINDEER!

Sounds a bit lame and childish, but I'm looking forward to see what/how my friends will turn up for the party. These bunch of people are really creative, I tell you. Yup, the very same bunch who dressed up for the Shanghai Chic party and Retro party previously. ;P

Some friends have asked whether there will be any gift exchange, and my answer: a flat NO. From my past experiences, X'mas presents from gift exchange sessions usually end up in the storeroom or "recycled presents for next year".

In fact, I'm thinking of asking my guests to each bring some grocery items, such as a small bag of rice, cooking oil or tins of Milo that cost about $10 in total, or do a donation of $10. And I will then bring these groceries and cash to the Boys’ Brigade Xmas Gift Box or to the Lions Befrienders.
Merry Xmas and may you have a peaceful year ahead. ;)

No comments: