Sunday, January 23, 2011

1st attempt ever to make pineapple tarts. Luckily this project is initiated by my neighbours, and I'm there to help and learn.

Tadah! I must say that these tarts are as good as those being sold outside. ;)

Packing them into the traditional CNY containers.

We also made some almond cookies but I forgot to take pictures.. ;(

My attempt to create some CNY spirit in the house. Bought some cute little fake birds and a stalk of fake Plum blossoms to decorate my place.

Also bought some freshly cut Heliconias and chrysanthemums to decorate the house. Hope the flowers can last!

Chinese New Year preparations!

Last weekend was a busy one. Saturday was Pastry Day, the neighbours and I basically spent the whole of saturday making pineapple tarts and almond cookies. It was a very enjoyable process where I learnt how to make these CNY goodies from my neighbours and had a good time bonding with them.
I am really thankful that I have such friendly and nice neighbours, where I can just hop over to their place to chitchat or even have meals together, and vice-versa. Very community-living... I like!
On Sunday, I went to some nurseries along Thomson road to buy some CNY decorations and flowers to create some festive spirits. Bought a few stalks of Heliconias, 2 huge bunches of chrysanthemums, fake birds, 1 big red ribbon and a stalk of fake plum blossom. And I carried all these by myself back home.
Geez, nearly fainted with fatigue by the time I made it back home!

2 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Such wonderful kampong spirit! My neighbours are nothing like this.

I love your decorations. You have a talent there!

Petunia Lee said...

Waaaaaah... You've a very good eye for deco. I very much wish I had too. I have no idea what to with the new house.