Sunday, January 30, 2011

I need MORE Baby Bonus

I'm just into my 11 weeks and I've already spent S$2500 on Beanie. Those weekly visits to the Gynae, medication of progesterone pills, in addition to the twice-weekly-injections and the blood tests and scans... ALL ADD UP!

And you wonder why Singapore's fertility rate is only 1.16?

As long as Beanie is healthy and growing well, as a parent-to-be, I don't really have a choice but to pay up and pray that Beanie will ultimately be a healthy baby. That's all I ask for.

But I am now fully aware of the cost of bringing up children in Singapore and Beanie is not even born yet?! Think I really gotta start saving like mad and forsake all types of luxery in life because I seriously do not think that I can afford raising a kid in my homeland.

So, I am really looking forward to the Budget on 18 Feb this year, as well as the National Rally. Hoping that more financial incentives can be given to young parents-to-be, ie: me.

For a start, how about upping the Baby Bonus to at least $5000 instead of the current $4000 for the 1st and 2nd child? And maybe throw in FULL deduction from medisave for gynae, delivery and hospitalisation charges, instead of the current partial.

Seriously, as new parents-to-be, we really need FULL FINANCIAL support from our beloved govt. Or else, at this rate, I think I can only afford to have just ONE Beanie.

1 comment:

Blur Ting said...

Yes, bringing up baby is an expensive affair in Singapore but you'll get by... We all do somehow.