Heard that there will be a few Baby Fairs in the month of March, so gotta start shopping around for the items that I absolutely must have!
*Ok, friends who are reading my blogs, I’m not trying to hint what Baby Shower pressies to buy, in fact, most of these items cost a few hundred dollars a pop, so… I’m just sharing with fellow friends and bloggers about the stuff that I need. *no pressure* ;P
1) Miracle Blanket
One particular friend SWEARS by this product. This piece of blanket has bought her precious hours of uninterrupted sleep. Anything that can buy me extra hours of sleep when screaming Beanie arrives, I’ll buy it. PERIOD. In fact, I'll most probably buy 3, in case Beanie pukes or poops in the blanket, which I can so see it coming...2) Medela pump Free-style
This is a duo pump that according to my friends, is one of the best in the market. This piece of gadget does not come cheap but my rationale is: if I had already spent a bomb on a breast pump, I jolly well stick to breast-feeding to make my money worthwhile. Die die must breastfeed!3) Ergo Baby Carrier
Remember the Koala mummy mantra? From my research, Ergo Baby Carrier is one of the few carriers that will allow me to wear my baby in the front or on my hip or on my back, ala “Ninga Turtle” style. And most importantly, Ergo carriers support a natural sitting position for babies, so allowing babies to be comfortable. Moreover, the design also balances the weight of the baby on the parent’s shoulders AND hips, saving the parent’s back muscles. For very young babies, I just need to buy a “baby insert” that can provide the required support to a newborn’s head. Viola, instead of carrying the baby around, I can have BOTH of my hands to run my errands and do my chores.4) Cloth Diapers
Did I mention that I’m a tree hugger and I wana be a Koala mummy? So, I must live to my mantra right? Using cloth diapers save the environment AND money… so, I’m definitely going to give these modern cloth diapers a try. There will be mountains of poop to wash, so wish me luck!5) ) Arm’s Reach co-sleeper
I’ve been searching high and low for this co-sleeper. But it seems that many shops no longer carry this product. I guess I just have to find a cot that can be adjusted to my bed’s height, and place the cot right next to my bed instead. I have the intention the let Beanie co-sleep in the bedroom for the first few months, I figure that night feeds will be easier for the both of us where I can just scoop Beanie from the cot (next to my bed) and breastfeed Beanie instead of running to the nursery every 2-3 hours.
I’ve been searching high and low for this co-sleeper. But it seems that many shops no longer carry this product. I guess I just have to find a cot that can be adjusted to my bed’s height, and place the cot right next to my bed instead. I have the intention the let Beanie co-sleep in the bedroom for the first few months, I figure that night feeds will be easier for the both of us where I can just scoop Beanie from the cot (next to my bed) and breastfeed Beanie instead of running to the nursery every 2-3 hours.There are still so many other items to buy, eg: stroller, bathing basin, bips, towels, baby's clothes, Baby's carseat, ear plugs, massage chair (for me, of course), slimming wraps... ...
Ok, buy the top 5 first!
4 comments:
Happy shopping!!
Yes, lots of stuff to buy. Maybe you can get used baby car seats from friends as the baby grows up so quickly, you would need to change to a larger one soon after.
o yes, that is true! But but but, we dont even have a car to start with!!! The car seat for Beanie is a KIV item, a 2nd hand one should be good enough! Thanks for e reminder!
Wen-ai, an ex-colleague of mine owns this shop in Novena Square- Baby Slings and Carriers.
I often see notes and events about different bb slings for different ages. You can take a look at their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/babyslingsandcarriersHope it is helpful to you!
Post a Comment