Monday, February 14, 2011

The weirdest way to lose weight

For the longest time, I've been trying very hard to keep my weight under 50 kg. At my fittest and leanest, I was 48 kg and that was when I got married. After all, I gotta be a pretty and svelte bride right?

Unfortunately, since then on, my weight had always been slightly above 50 kg, usually just a few kilos more, but enough to cause some anguish and motivation to hit the gym on a regular basis.

But ever since I got pregnant, I’ve been losing weight. I went down to a low of 48.5 kg, and as of this morning, my weight was merely 49.4 kg. The nurse, who took my weight, frowned at me and asked whether I was a heavy smoker.

“I do not smoke?!?!”

“You gotta eat more, young lady” as she stared at me with her disapproving eyes.

Trust me, I used to be SUCH A PIG before I have Beanie. I live to eat and I love my food. So much so that, it’s always Hub who has to remind me NOT to eat like there’s no tomorrow.

But now… I can barely look at food without gagging.

I miss my old, piggy self who can eat a big bowl of Bah Chor Mee, plus 1 bowl of Ching Teng and can still wolf down a medium scoop of Yummi Yogurt.

I’m really trying VERY hard to eat healthy and nutritious meals but unless I cook these meals myself, I just have to depend on take-aways and even with the take-aways, I can barely eat half of the portions.

Whenever I am slightly hungry, I can only eat a few mouthfuls and I simply do not feel like eating anymore. If I force myself to eat more, I will throw up the entire meal and that’s really counter-intuitive.

I know I should eat small meals, and that’s what I try to do. I’ll eat a banana here, a yogurt there, or some cornflakes with milk.

I just want to gain my appetite back! ;(

1 comment:

Blur Ting said...

Oh dear. I think the vomiting will go away after the first 3 or 4 months