Monday, March 07, 2011


Cookie's first accident...

A mini-saga happened early this morning.

Cookie all along has been a relatively well behaved cat. She doesn't scratch my furniture, and have so far only vomited hairballs ONCE on my carpet. She eats all her catfood (although she is very fussy about the brand of catfood), and so far, has never peed or pooed in my apartment ever.

Until 2 am this morning.

She usually sleeps at the corner of my bed and will usually wakes me at by 7 am to have her breakfast. But last night, she became restless in the middle of the night, and tried to wake me up by coming to me and whimpered ever so softly by my ear.

I didn't know what she was after, so I ignored her and concentrated on getting back to sleep. Then I heard her jumping off the bed, and a few seconds later, I heard FARTING sounds...

What the hell?! I immediately jumped out of the bed, switched on the lights and saw the sheepish Cookie trying to cover her shame. She had diarrhea on my bathroom mat (the one that she is lying on, in the picture above)!
Being 2 am in the morning and hadn't really woken from my slumber yet, I went ballistic and really overreacted. I screamed at her and carried her outside towards the door. Maybe she was really sick or I had really frightened her, she struggled free, dropped to the ground, and vomited out her dinner from earlier this evening. She was still in my bedroom.
ARGH.... you naughty cat! First you pooed, then you puked in my room!
I went a bit crazy and carried her out of the house, and left her outside. She vomited again just outside my door, looked a bit hurt but walked away shortly.
I was too overwhelmed by the smell and the mess to think coherently. After cleaning up the all the mess inside my room and outside the door, I realised that I had been a HORRIBLE cat mummy...
Cookie had already tried to warn me that she really needed to go but I didn't recognise her signals. She must have tried her best to hold it in but diarrhea, being diarrhea, she couldn't control it anymore but to relieve herself in the bedroom. At least she was smart enough to pooed on the bathroom mat instead of my bed.
I felt sooooo bad and guilty, at the same time worried about her since she was most probably not feeling too well. But it was already almost 3 am in the morning and I had no idea where did she run to.
Haiz, so I couldn't really fall back to sleep after that. Woke up in the morning with a headache and light sorethroat instead... most probably due to the lack of sleep.
Hopefully Cookie, being the smart and hardy semi-stray, will self-medicate herself with grass or herbs to sort out her digestive system. Meanwhile, I will be keeping a lookout for her, and bring her to the vet if she is still unwell.
To bring her to the vet, will most probably be another major saga, coming from the previous experience! I really hope that she will get well soon!

2 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh no. I know how you feel cos Rusty had vomitted on my bed in the middle of the night before. I also scolded him cos I was so tired and sleepy.

I hope Cookie will recover on her own to save you more trouble.

My Sinfonia said...

Yup! Have had a few episodes of that. I always feel so bad after screaming at Mao. They are the cleanest of creatures and must already feel so bad about doing that.