
Of course, Cookie must check out all the new items in the house. ;)
Hub and I have a weakness for useless furniture. In fact, we often walk into a furniture shop with the intention to buy item A, but more often than not, we will walk out of that shop buying items X, Y and Z instead. Not only did we NOT buy item A, we usually ended up spending MORE than the budgeted amount to buy silly items instead.
That was what happened a few weeks ago.
We were supposed to shop for a single bed, meant for the confinement nanny, which will also double up as Beanie Girl’s bed as she grows older. So, we have been visiting furniture shops, looking for a cool yet functional (and hopefully reasonably priced bed). Ikea didn’t quite cut in under the “cool” factor, so we visited shops like John Erdos, Air and Motto.
But as usual, instead of buying a bed, we ended up with… … a retro looking cabinet and 2 wooden planks-paintings instead, which of course busted the budget for the intended bed.
Of course, both of us love the retro cabinet… with the iron grill as doors, we simply couldn’t resist…
So, thankfully, we managed to buy a simple single bed from Ikea for only $69 and that made me feel so much better about our impulsive buys.
Hrm… I bet Beanie Girl can’t tell the difference anyway between an Ikea bed and a “cool and funky” bed that costs 4 digits.
I promise that Mummy will still make your room looks as good and as chic as the rest of our house!
That was what happened a few weeks ago.
We were supposed to shop for a single bed, meant for the confinement nanny, which will also double up as Beanie Girl’s bed as she grows older. So, we have been visiting furniture shops, looking for a cool yet functional (and hopefully reasonably priced bed). Ikea didn’t quite cut in under the “cool” factor, so we visited shops like John Erdos, Air and Motto.
But as usual, instead of buying a bed, we ended up with… … a retro looking cabinet and 2 wooden planks-paintings instead, which of course busted the budget for the intended bed.
Of course, both of us love the retro cabinet… with the iron grill as doors, we simply couldn’t resist…
So, thankfully, we managed to buy a simple single bed from Ikea for only $69 and that made me feel so much better about our impulsive buys.
Hrm… I bet Beanie Girl can’t tell the difference anyway between an Ikea bed and a “cool and funky” bed that costs 4 digits.
I promise that Mummy will still make your room looks as good and as chic as the rest of our house!

2 comments:
I must agree the retro cabinet is very nice. And that cage! I have a thing for cage too. Almost bought one for my house but backed out when I realised I have no space for it!
Actually the cabinet is lovely! :) And yes, I think the little kids can't tell the diff from a cheaper mattress and something waaaay more ex, to them, so long they can bounce on it, its fun! :)
And thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment for the giveaway... must give you my congratulations for beanie girl, you guys must be excited! Do stay tuned as I've more giveaways planned, so there'll be more chances to win stuff...
Take care!
Post a Comment