Saturday, September 03, 2011

Full month celebration for Beanie... Yes or No?

Hub and I have previously agreed that we will most probably NOT throw a "full month" celebration for Beanie because Hub will be in Hong Kong and I do not want to run the show alone. In additional to the fact that I am anti-consumerism, so the idea of giving away those excessively wrapped gift boxes to guests seems extremely environmental unfriendly. Nor am I keen to receive more baby clothes or toys on Beanie's behalf.

Most friends, especially those who are single or without children, aren't really interested in babies, so I shall spare them the pain. However, I noticed that some of my relatives, especially the elders, like my grannie and my godma, are genuinely into babies and they look forward to meeting new members of the family...

Now I'm wondering should I hold a really small family gathering as a "full month" celebration for Beanie?

3 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

You should! It's an excuse to get together, laugh a lot and just hang out.

Wen-ai said...

We have decided to send out cake vouchers to friends and relatives instead. Guess that is a good compromise... ...

Blur Ting said...

Maybe your friends might not be so keen but you should have one gathering just for the relatives. Keep the tradition alive!