4 months of entitled maternity leave and I'm now left with 3 months or so... Time flies when you have a baby! Hrm... except when the baby is screaming away at 3 am, then every 5 mins seem like 5 hours...
Anyway, many have asked what's my plan after the 4 months of leave and my answer is: I'll look after Beanie at home until she is 12 - 14 months old, then I'll return to the work force and Beanie will then go to Infant care.
So, I'll be a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for a year or so. On one hand, I feel very blessed and lucky to have Hub's support, yet on the other hand, the thought of losing my financial independence kinda scares me a bit... ...
I do have some plans to set up a blogshop to generate some income but I wonder how realistic is that for me to take care of a baby (without a maid) AND run a small blog shop. Hub has suggested that we should just hire a domestic helper to do household chores while I can concentrate on Beanie and hopefully, a blogshop.
But I really do NOT like the idea of having a stranger in the house, plus the fact that we do not have a spare room for a maid anyway. That means that the maid will have to sleep with Beanie in the nursery, which I am fine with since Beanie is still so young. Although I do prefer Beanie to have her own room... ...
Or am I just being stubborn and stupid and too hard on my myself?
4 comments:
cleaning agencies, quite good though a tad expensive. they come in do all that u need, except cooking, then leaves. your house is yours again. =)
I understand your concerns. At some point, any kind of help with the housework and baby will be a welcome relief. Spending every single waking hour with baby can be very trying. It's best to plan/adjust as you go along.
Kids can become attached to the maid when young but they will bond with you as long as you show love, care and affection towards them. You're the mother afterall.
Fresh Fry: Oh yes, I have checked out cleaning agencies, as well as part time nannies who will babysit at say, 3X a week for 4-5 hrs. The part time nanny will cost a whopping $900 a month, or $25 per hr. I already have a part time helper who helps with the cleaning every weekend, and that's $55 for 4 hours. So if I were to engage her 2X per wk, that will be $440 a mth and that is even higher than the average salary of a maid from Indonesia.
O well... can't have the best of both world, i guess.
Oh I so understand Wen Ai - I'm also very resistant to the idea of a stranger in the house.
Post a Comment