So, as I have mentioned in my previous post, I have started Beanie on sleep training, and the first night went well.
That was just a fluke. For the next 4 nights, I think I'm the one who is being sleep trained, ie: how to survive with less than 4 hours of sleep at night. It was so bad that I was having a constant headache during the days and was on the verge of running out of my house and to let Beanie cry and fuss at nights... ...
The 2nd night was the worst, she kept me up from 2.30 am till 5 am. Thankfully Hub was around during the weekend and I managed to nap in the day. Things are s-l-o-w-l-y getting better, for example, last night she still woke up twice in the night, but she only fussed for 15 mins at about 2 am without any feed, and at 5 am, I decided to give her a quick feed and she went back to sleep immediately after that.
I really do hope that she can clock at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep soon, so that my headache and eye bags can finally disappear for good!
3 comments:
Oh, I think you have the patience of a saint! Don't worry, she'll sleep through the night some day. Still young lah. Give her time.
Have you tried adding powdered rice cereal into her last feed before bed? I added 1 spoon into my daughter's milk just before bed and it keeps her full enough to last through the night.
Petunia: As I latched her directly, eh... a bit difficult to add rice cereal, although I can eat the cereal myself. Haha... This fussy little girl prefers the bottle instead of my breast. In fact, after a few days of bottles of expressed breast milk (fed by my confinement nanny to prepare Beanie for my return to office), she has rejected my breast this afternoon! So, next 2 days, I gotta latch her directly again w/o any bottles to get her used to my boobs again. Ugh... I feel so rejected.
Post a Comment