![]() |
| woooo... water! |
![]() |
| Yeah! I have the boardwalk all to myself! |
![]() |
| Hello Mommy! |
| The deepest part of the boardwalk barely reached her ankles |
We brought Beanie to MacRitchie Reservoir 2 weekends ago. The idea was to allow her to breathe some fresh air and get in touch with Mother Nature.
Unfortunately, it started to pour when we arrived, so we had to take shelter for about 30 mins or so. Luckily for Beanie, the rain cleared and we continued to explore the reservoir.
Before Beanie came along, we used to run at the MacRitchie reservoir almost every weekend. Hub would usually do the 11 km route, while I would just run the 5.5 km route. Ahhh... those were the days!
There was a new feature at the reservoir, which was the Submerged Boardwalk where water from the reservoir would.. hrm, submerge the boardwalk lah.
Since we were there just after the rain, there wasn't a single soul. So Beanie had the luxury of having the boardwalk all to herself!
Beanie, the water-baby was thrilled to splash around and I had come prepared with a change of clothes and diaper. So I just let her loose and she had a great time horsing around on the boardwalk.
But as you can see from the pictures, the boardwalk wasn't very interesting nor educational. In fact, I was very disappointed and had expected more from the boardwalk. Maybe partially submerged plants could line the sides of the boardwalk, with colorful signs and drawings that explained how these plants helped in the purification of the water?
Nonetheless, it was still very relaxing to breathe in the fresh air, with all the greenery around us and the view of the beautiful reservoir.
We will definitely be back!



5 comments:
She is getting to be a real trooper!!
Might be even more fun for Beanie to play with other kids on the boardwalk!
I think she has a great childhood compared to many little kids here in Singapore! Keep it up.
That's true - that section is boring
You can bring her on the boardwalk - Prunus trail is a nice short one. Chemperai trail goes over the water and is nice too.
Post a Comment