Thursday, March 28, 2013

A day at East Coast Park





And we brought Beanie to East Coast park for a short bicycle ride and some sand play on last Sunday. She actually cried for a full 5 minutes when I forced her to sit on the bicycle. She was pulling my shirt and screaming her head off when I placed her in the child back-seat of the bike.

It was as if I was bringing her to the slaughter house.

Anyway, I simply ignored her and started paddling and soon enough, she settled down and eventually enjoyed the joy ride. We paddled for about an hour and Beanie did enjoy herself as a back-seat passenger despite of her teary protests earlier on.

After that, we had some sand play with her playmate, Kylie. Both Beanie and Kylie are born on the very same day and on the very same year. Yeah... what are the chances right?

At Beanie's age, she still doesn't know how to interact-play with Kylie. So both of them just spent time digging furiously at the sand side-by-side and occasionally, snatched toys and shovels. That was their idea of "interactive play" --> by snatching each other's toys.

After that, we went to this really children-friendly restaurant, Brussels Sprouts at Playground@Big Splash. The restuarant has cute little outdoor slides and rocking horses for the children to play. It even invited a Balloon Sculptor to craft balloons for the little ones for free!

I was so impressed! And as you can see from the picture above, Beanie was totally smitten by the Balloon Sculptor too!

All in all, it was a really enjoyable family outing. ;)

And now, I have to think about what to do and where to go tomorrow, on Easter holiday!

1 comment:

Blur Ting said...

So nice of you to bring Beanie to the nature parks. She'll grow up loving nature.