Monday, March 04, 2013

A picnic at Botanical Gardens




This post is a bit dated since we actually had the picnic before the Chinese New Year but I only have the time to blog about it now.

Before I have Beanie, I had fantasized about having a picnic at the Botanical Gardens where my beautiful kid(s) will run around freely and I would chill and relax with a glass of champagne while enjoying the live music from the performing orchestra.

Ahhhh... what bliss.

Well, my fantasy did come true! Hrm... minus the champagne part though.

Beanie, being the active little girl, was RUNNING ALL OVER THE FIELD. Although by nature, I am a really chill mom and I don't mind my kid running around freely, but Beanie was trampling other people's picnic mats and raiding other people's picnic baskets!

When Beanie was let loose for 15 minutes, she brought back 2 bananas, packets of biscuits, 1 ball and almost a dog! Luckily the leash of the dog wasn't long enough. So I had to follow Beanie around to ensure that she wasn't grabbing another kid's toy, snatching food or stealing someone's pet dog.

And little Beanie was rather fearless, she did not care whether I was following her or not; she simply ran after whatever item that caught her eye. Be it a dog, leaves, other kids or bubbles. After a while, I gave up and let her be. Every 5 minutes or so, I would just look around to ensure that the little bit of pink with white pokka dots was within my sight radar.

It was a beautiful day for a picnic. The weather was sunny yet breezy and the performance was fantastic. Can't wait for another picnic again!

5 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

Look... I know your Beanie... if those dogs, kids, bananas and biscuits came home with her, they did so WILLINGLY. All she needs to do is look at 'em and smile and they'd have followed her anywhere.

A.N.Y.W.H.E.R.E.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

You are a very chill mum indeed! I really want to learn from you. I'm going to be a kan jiong spider.. i feel it..

Blur Ting said...

Haha, so funny. I hope you don't mind me making comparison with Rusty but I had that same fantasy about picnic until I brought Rusty along. He couldn't keep still and I had to follow him everywhere (leashed of course). So, these days my friends ask why I don't bring my dog anymore.

Wen-ai said...

Haha, maybe we should bring Rusty and Beanie together for a picnic! Beanie loves dogs, so maybe they can keep each other entertained!

Blur Ting said...

And we will take turns to run after them!