Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Dolly

Beanie and I were at the H&M recently and at the Kid's section, I came across this little cloth doll. It was on sale and only cost a grand total of 7 bucks! So I bought it for Beanie and we named her "Dolly"

The cool part about Dolly is that you can undress her totally (yes, you can even remove her underwear) and dress her in other outfits! I remembered that I really love to design and make clothes for my dolls when I was younger and I couldn't wait to make some clothes for Dolly!


So, Project Runway begins! I'm going to make a blouse and a skirt for Dolly.


I used an old dress to set a blouse for Dolly.


And I used an old sock for Dolly's skirt. Originally, I wanted to sew the ribbon as trimming for the skirt but I changed my mind when I realized that it would take me too much time to do so.


Above was Dolly's original outfit.


Ta-dah! Dolly's new outfit! 

And what was Beanie while I was sewing Dolly's clothes? She didn't give 2 hoot about Dolly and her new clothes at all... ...

O well, I think Beanie has to grow up a little more to appreciate our Project Runway Sessions for Dolly. 

No comments: