The 3 "C"s
I realized that I have a huge problem with the 3 “C”s.
1) Communication
2) Commitment
3) Cash
First and foremost, and I will say, by far the worst problem that I have to deal with… is my PATHETIC communication skills. This really hit me by surprise. Although I am no debater or public speaker, I still pride myself as being relatively vocal and I usually do get my message across to people rather efficiently.
That is until recently where I have to train my new boss, as well as, the replacement analyst, so that they can take over my job when I fly back to Singapore. And to my astonishment, it hits me that I can’t communicate effectively to my seniors or peers, especially work-related issues.
So now, I am making a conscious effort to think and organized my thoughts before I speak, and most importantly, speak slowly and clearly so that my American counterpart can understand my heavily accented English, a.k.a Singlish.
Secondly, commitment. This also hits me by surprise… since I have always wanted to get married young and have children young UNTIL I am now in the States. After being exposed to the wild and crazy life style in the States… I have now grown accustomed to the carefree lifestyle where I can do what ever I like; go where ever I please, say what ever I want. Now that I will be heading home soon, I will have to consider the feelings of my loved ones and ensure that what ever I do, will not cause any distress nor hurt to them. And I find this kind of commitment stifling, so much so that I am almost having an anxiety attack!
Thirdly, cash. I see this coming long time ago and I have nobody to blame but myself. I have been spending way too much money here that I am actually ashamed of myself. Argh…. I am too weak to fight against temptation… boots, hats, scarves and all the accessories which I know I will not get to wear them in Singapore, as my beloved homeland is simply too god-damned hot! But I can’t stop myself from buying all these soft cashmere sweaters…
My god… If I don’t curb myself… I will soon have another “C” related problem: Credit Card bills!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment