LMW, that’s me.
Read an interesting article in Urban, titled “LMW or HMW”? Which means Low-Maintenance-Woman or High-Maintenance-Women? And I immediately wonder which category I belong to.
I guess the best person to answer that question will be my boyfriend, but since he is not around at the moment, I shall attempt the impossible: to judge oneself.
Of course, it will be a biased vote, but I do seriously think that I am a very LMW. For example:
1) I do not demand flowers/gifts/diamonds/celebrations on V-day because I think it’s really stupid to allow florists/gift-shops/restaurants to overcharge us by 150% on that “special” day.
2) I do not request my boyfriend to call me every night nor to report his daily tasks to me. It will be nice and sweet of him to call me and let me know of his actions, but I do not believe in setting such rules.
3) Buying expensive gifts are not necessary… the gifts should be practical, or at least things that I like. Fortunately, I seldom like expensive stuffs. ;p
4) Dinning in fine restaurants is a bonus but pigging out in hawker centres can be a joy too!
Opps, I hope I am not “spoiling market” here! ;p
As mentioned in the article, one can be high-maintenance materialistically or emotionally, but both are equally exhausting, and men can be equally high-maintenance too. Although if you are freaking loaded, having a gorgeous-model-look-alike girlfriend/boyfriend, who is HM, it might not be a problem to you at all!
Looking around me, I identify a few of my girlfriends to be rather HM, and interestingly enough, most of them are now single. Then it dawns upon me that, these girlfriends of mine are also HM in terms of friendship.
Some of them can be self-centred at times… or in other occasions, I will end up paying for their drinks and meals since they are so used to being “paid for”. Just being their friend at times can be rather tiring; I cannot imagine being their boyfriends!
O well… Nobody is perfect. Let’s hope that everyone will strive to be a better person!
No comments:
Post a Comment