Monday, April 18, 2005

Boring life = boring blog

I was just lamenting to another fellow friend-blogger that I am bored at work. This came across as rather surprising because I am still new on my job and there is still tons of stuff for me to read and understand. So, technically, I should NOT be bored.

But I am. Bored.

Don’t wana read anything… just wana waste my time away and wallow in self-pity.

Yup… self pity. I guess everyone wallows in self-pity once in a while and today’s my turn. So, please… indulge me.

I came to realize that I am a boring person. So, with a boring life, how to write anything interesting?

B-o-r-i-n-g. At least at this moment in my life… nothing interesting is really happening in my life but yet, I am not exactly unhappy about that either.

So I guess I am upset that I am not upset about my boring life. Am I confusing anyone here?

That’s what Singapore can do to you. Make you accept that life is about earning money (and spending that money in Singapore-built casinos), get married, have THREE babies, hire a maid (who hopefully will NOT kill you or throw your 3 babies down your HDB flat), work our ass off to prove ourselves to “foreign talents”, pay a hand & a leg for a car AND save 2 million for our retirement, all at the same time.

Woah… so with that, how can life in Singapore be boring?

I must be mistaken.

Maybe… since I am a b-o-r-i-n-g person, Singapore is too exciting for me. I need to live in places like Fiji Islands, where there’s really nothing to do but to dive & snorkel, read a book, laze in the sun, curl my toes in soft, white sand and listen to the waves.

Ahhh… I can’t wait.

No comments: