Sunday, April 17, 2005

Wanderlust

I am getting restless. I can’t sit still. I can’t sleep well… … I feel trapped. I think I need to travel again.

In fact, when ever I hear news from my fellow ex-trainees (from New york or Chicago), I can’t help but to feel envious of their adventures and experience. Some of them have secured positions in London, Vienna and Toronto and will continue their career overseas.

But, here I am, stuck in hot, humid and stifling Singapore…

Many times I have wondered how life would have been if I were posted to London or ideally, Vienna. Will my relationship with my beloved still work out? How will my mum and brothers feel about my constant absence? Will my career advances accordingly?

“Choices are hinges of your destiny” – my friend once mentioned. “Almost everything boils down to choice,” she said.

Does everyone really have a choice? To a certain extend, I agree with her statement. With determination, one can be proactive in life and make choices accordingly. But without luck and opportunities, it will be choosing between one shit hole to another dung pit.

Nonetheless… that will still be a choice…

I guess it's time to plan for a trip at the end of the year. Need to get out of here. At least for a while.







No comments: