Greatest Personal Challenge: Half – Marathon 2005
I have been running recently.
Huffing, puffing and sweating… … not very glamorous.
And boy! To my astonishment (or horror!) I have discovered that I actually enjoy running!
It all started around a few months ago when I wanted to lose some weight, and so, I started a regime: run twice a week and each session to cover 2.4 km. The first few weeks were hard and a lot of will power was needed to push myself just to put on the running shoes.
But after a while, my body became accustomed to the huffing and puffing that, I actually stopped huffing and puffing whenever I run. And so, I started to increase my distance from 2.4 km to 3.6 km and eventually 5 km. The physical and mental strength to push myself to accomplish the designated distance can be extremely addictive.
And to push myself even more, I have accepted the ultimate challenge: Half – Marathon of 21 km.
I have signed up for the Standchart Marathon in Singapore, taking place on 4 December 2005. I have never taken part in any marathon in my life and this time, I will be training for a 21 km run. Kinda excited but also a little apprehensive, because I have never pushed my body so hard before…
Nonetheless, I am looking very forward to this run and have decided to train hard for it. My goal is to complete the run within 2 and 1/2 hours, with no walking breaks in between.
Anybody wana join me? Here is the link:
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment