I used to be happier?
Just today, one friend commented “what happened to you? You used to be happier..!” Another commented “You are like an old fart now!”
All because I do not enjoy clubbing anymore.
E (one of my gfs) wanted to get me out clubbing on this Friday… but I am not interested at all. I told her I am good to meet up for dinner or some chill-out bars, but not Zouk, MOS or Butter Factory or any of the clubs. And she said “What? You are behaving like an old fart!”
I was like “yeah… I feel like an old fart, although I do not want to look like one!”
Feeling amused, I told another gf of mine, L. And she commented that I used to be more extrovert and was such a party-girl. She was like “What happened to you?!”
Actually, nothing happened to me. I am still as extrovert as ever, in fact, I'm just more at peace with myself as I finally know what I want in life and I try to work towards my goals.
I have decided to put my party days behind me as I do not enjoy partying anymore.
The late nights.
The insane drinking.
The self-indulgence style of dancing.
The waste of time.
I try not to stay up late anymore… if not for work, if not for reading, if not for my fav TV programs (;p). Nowadays, I enjoy waking up early and try to go for a quick run b4 I hit my office or during weekends as well.
I try not to do hard liquor anymore except for whiskey. Haha, I am such a whiskey fan. Give me a Macallen anytime! Nonetheless, I find it so much more meaningful to appreciate a bottle of wine with close friends or with like-minded wine lovers than to binge drink.
Instead of doing senseless hip-hops, I’ll rather hit a salsa bar to work on my salsa dance steps and improve on my coordination and footwork. I do not get any satisfaction in grooving to Justin Timberlake or Madonna anymore, I mean… for what? To attract attention? Kinda passed that phase.
I begin to realize that time is running out. I only have 3 more years to go before I am 30 and there are so many things that I want to achieve before I hit the big 3-0. Thus, I try to engage in value-adding activities such as: reading, exercising, working, catching up with friends and family, traveling and some self-reflection.
I think I have grown up. *FINALLY*
No comments:
Post a Comment