Last year, my company organized and paid for a 3 days-2 nights "incentive trip" for all employees to Shanghai. That was sometime in Sept06, I think... I remembered that the hairy crabs were in season.
Before I know it, a year has passed and for this year, I am entitled to go to Perth. As my dept is extremely lean, basically it's just me and my boss right now as the other fund manager has left us to relocate to HK.
So, I'll be traveling to Perth with BF, just like what we did last year for Shanghai.
This is a picture that BF took while he was wondering on his own and while I was somewhere in Jiangsu attending a meeting. This is "lao Jie", which means Old Street. It is situated just next to Yu-Yue (aka Jade Garden in English), which is a tourist trap. I've never seen more tourists in any other parts of Shanghai.
However, just a street away, Lao Jie managed to retain some of its old charm where locals were still cycling away, no tour group leaders waving their flags and you can find rather cheap items to buy. I bought a traditional Chinese tea cup for only S$3, which can easily cost 3 times more in Singapore!
Anyway, I just wana post something about my Shanghai trip b4 I go for my next one in Aug.
Someone once told me that once you hit 25 years old, time will just fly and b4 you know it, you will be an old fart and that's provided that you are lucky enough to be still alive and kicking!
Yup, I do begin to feel like an old fart.
No comments:
Post a Comment