If you can, please adopt a pet from SPCAI am proud to announce that I am a member of the SPCA, in fact, I just joined the membership today and have also enclosed a GIRO form to donate to the SPCA on a monthly basis.
Why the sudden kind gesture?
All along I’m an animal lover, many of you should know that I have 7 cats at home and one of them is adopted from the SPCA! All my cats are strays and 6 of them are adopted when they were closed-eyed-hamster-look-alike kittens, which means that my family spent many days and nights, bottle-feedings the kitties, or else, they would have starved to death.
By the way, all of them have been neutered.
I was reading an acquaintance’s blog and it seems that she and her hubby had just bought a puppy. And I can’t help feeling a little sad.
There are so many cute doggies, waiting for a family to take them home and yet, most people are always more keen to BUY a new puppy instead of giving these older dogs a chance. It doesn’t help that most of the dogs being put up for adoption are NOT HDB approved, thus, if you know of anyone who is staying in a private apartment or better still, a house with a garden, please encourage them to adopt a pet instead of buying one.
There are also cats, rabbits and hamsters for adoption. So, any pet lovers who have the intention to get a pet please do consider adopting one from the SPCA instead.
Here’s the link to the animals being put up for adoption:
http://www.spca.org.sg/adoption/adoption.asp
No comments:
Post a Comment