Sunday, September 09, 2007


Shape’s 10km run on 9Sep07

Stupid me. Forgot to bring camera!

So, yesterday I went for my first organized run of the year – Shape Run 2007 for women only. In total, there were a total of 6000+ women who took part in yesterday’s run and I was one of the many!

Although the run was supposed to be for ladies only, there was this one angmoh GUY, who made the effort and took the trouble to dress up as a woman! A really ugly one though… he wore this long and curly wig, ridiculous make-up, a baby-pink Tshirt, a short white skirt and to top it all, a pair of screaming, BRIGHT pink leggings. He looked absolutely hilarious! Oh, of course, he had HUGE, fake boobs, most probably stuffed with toilet paper or something.

What a sport! Wish I had a camera with me to snap a few pictures of him. Damn.
And there was this another guy who was running slightly ahead of his girlfriend (outside the barricade) to take pictures of his girlfriend for the whole of the 10 km run! Wah… so sweet. Mine was at home snoring away. Talking about SUPPORT huh?

Anyway, I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t clock less than 1 hour for my 10km run. I haven’t got my official timing yet, but according to my watch, my timing should be around 1 hour and 4 mins. Sigh, couldn’t pick up enough speed during the last 3 km of the run.

Nonetheless, I completed the run without stopping to walk and actually felt rather fresh after the run. Although at one point, I nearly vomited the banana that I had for breakfast. Yeek… no more bananas before a run!

All in all, I had fun and will most probably do it next year again! ;p

1 comment:

Duane Loh said...

Congratulations! 1hr 4mins is a very good time! I'm not sure if I can even make that!