10 weird things about me…
I’ve just read another blogger’s post about her 10 weird things, and to keep the spirit of “10 weird things” alive, I have to share 10 weird and totally honest things about myself or else… I will never strike lottery in my entire life. (Or something really bad along that line)
Ok, here goes:
(1) I daydream almost everyday about what I’ll do with the 2 million bucks if I ever strike TOTO or the Big Sweep. It keeps me going every morning; especially when my equity investments are under-water or when I feel broke. (that’s almost everyday, now that my new place is under renovation)
(2) I have already picked names for my future children and pets. Well… I might never, ever own a parrot, but I already HAVE a name for my parrot if I ever have one! Similarly, I do not have children at the moment, but I have already decided on their names, regardless of whether Hubby likes the names or not.
(3) I am a tree-hugger at heart. I recycled what-ever I can at home. I’ll sort out the rubbish and dispose them in the designated recycling bins near my block. I keep a set of chopsticks & spoon, and fork & spoon in office so that I do not have to use disposables when I lunch in. I also bring my own grocery bag when I do marketing and recently also started to bring my own shopping bag, so that I do not use paper bags/plastic bags during shopping sessions.
(4) I still get nervous whenever I drive. That’s partly because I do not drive often enough. But I do make sure that I drive at least once a week (courtesy to Kahshare Rental) to improve on my driving, and most importantly, PARKING.
(5) I am quite a paranoid. I’ll always buy Travel Insurance whenever I travel, even a short trip to Malaysia. Before the trip, I’ll email my brothers the details of ALL the insurance plans that I have, and all the bank accounts as well. Then I’ll pray to who-ever-is-up-there that I’ll make it home alive and well.
(6) I dream to be a Stay-At-Home-Mum who runs her own business and yet, can look after her kids at the same time. Once again, I do not have kids yet; guess I’ll look into this when I eventually have kids.
(7) I have scoliosis, which means that I have a curved spine. For a period of time, I was so resentful of my abnormal curvature that I dreaded the mirror and moped around, feeling so sorry for myself. Then I started volunteering at RDA and realized my so-called “disability” is nothing compared to the kids who have real disability. I am just glad that I can walk normally; I have hands and fingers to type my emails, cook, wash my clothes, and basically be a normal person.
(8) I worry CONSTANTLY that I will age faster than Hubby. To start with, Hubby has a super baby-face, and he is currently in some dragon-boat team, training hard every weekend. Hubby’s like Benjamin Button, he is getting hunkier as he aged?! Not that I am complaining since I get to “enjoy” his hard work (wink wink). But that gives me a lot of pressure to look youthful. I do not wana look like his elder sister when we’re out!
(9) I cry easily. Read a book, cry. Watch a movie, cry. Listen to a song, cry. Someone is sad, cry. Someone is happy, also cry.
(10) I always overeat. This is a bad habit that I’ve been trying to kick. The thing is that my brain seems to be unusually slow to detect that I’m actually full. And by the time I recognize that I’m about to explore with food, it will be too late. Then I’ll spend the rest of the evening feeling sick and the following weeks, feeling fat.
Yup, 10 weird things about me. Happy holidays!
1 comment:
Hey, nice 10 weird stuff... I guess I didn't connect the fact that you have the curved spine thingy!! Ugh.
Also, Its nice to know you have names for your parrots and weasels.
Also, I am glad to have a tree hugger friend like you !!! :)
Post a Comment