Wednesday, January 12, 2011


Let me introduce... Beanie.

Ok... took me a while to decide whether I should share this early piece of good news since most mothers will only want to declare their "status" after the 1st trimester. But after some serious thoughts, I've decided to come clean and pen down my thoughts anyway.

Yup, this is Beanie and it's about 8 weeks old.

The past few weeks had been rather difficult. I had continuous bleeding and cramps consecutively for a few days and was in the hospital for half a day. Beanie was deem as unstable and I had to bed-rest, receive progesterone injections every 3 days, and currently taking progesterone pills.

Luckily, as of this morning, Beanie's heartbeat is still strong and no more bleeding and cramps. I'm seeing my gynae every week now, and to be frank, I have great fear whenever the doctor checks for the heartbeat... ... ...

Beanie's timing is a bit weird.... hrm, Hubby is now based in Hong Kong and I still have the CFA exam to tackle in June. It's presence came as a surprise, nonetheless, a very treasured one.

I hope Beanie will continue to grow strong and healthy, and I'm looking forward to this wondrous journey of motherhood.

But geez, the morning sickness and the nausea is really bad! My head feels dizzy most of the time and I've lost my appetite to eat. Meals have become a chore and especially so, when I'm eating alone.

Due to the previous bleeding, I'm advised to take things easy and haven't been going to the gym. My energy level is low, and it doesn't help that I'm also down with flu for the past 2 days.

Argh. ;(

In any case, I hope Little Beanie will be strong and healthy, and continue to cling on to me till he or she is ready to face the world!

9 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

No offense... but you are seriously going to call your child Beanie? Or is this just the term in utero... Of course, Beanie is a nice name. It is however, highly unusual...

Please don't get angry at me. I am just a little old fashioned when it comes to names I guess.

Petunia Lee said...

By the way... congrats!

Wen-ai said...

Hahaha, "Beanie" is a nickname for now. Hmmmm.... but you are putting ideas into my head. Beanie, is a rather nice name afterall!

Blur Ting said...

Oh, this is such good news! Of course Beanie is the nickname for the teeny weeny bean! :-)

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell. Do eat enough to keep your body strong. If you need any help (since hubby is outstation), do give me a shout!

Blur Ting said...

Oh, I think Beanie must have been conceived in France! :-) Paris maybe? The city of love!

Vanessa said...

It's so bizarre. I'm having Peanut and he's exactly as old as Beanie. :) And I'm going through pregnancy with hubby 'afar' like you too. Too coincidental.

Good luck for Beanie.

Wen-ai said...

Ting - Wah... you are so clever. Yup, Beanie is most probably made in France. That's why Hub and I have decided that Beanie's real name will be French-inspired. Haha. So Petunia doesn't have to worry. ;)

Vanessa: Congrats to you too! Wah, Peanut and Beanie can be best friends liao. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's good news!! Congrats!! Made in France huh?

My Sinfonia said...

Hey, guess I am late in my congrats but CONGRATS! Nope, you won't want Beanie being teased as Mr. Bean would you? But as a nick its great. You have a hold on him/her later. Threaten to tell his friends? kekeke...made in France...you have 9 months to dream of the french inspired name