Separation Anxiety Part 2
Sorry for the recent M.I.A (missing in action) as I was busy studying for the licensing exams and of course, my nanny has to quit on me during this crunch time.Ugh.
To cut the story short, the nanny could not take Beanie's incessant cryings anymore and told me to bring Beanie home, for good. I was panicking for the past few days because I'm supposed to start work soon and yet I do not have a nanny for Beanie!
Out of desperation, I surfed the net and came across this little advert posted on gumtree and by a stroke of sheer luck, I found another nanny within my vicinity! I called the new nanny up and arranged for a meeting on the same day. The new nanny is in her early 40s, has 2 children aged 7 and 9, and seems really nice. I have goooood vibes!
But Beanie thought otherwise. The moment I passed Beanie over to the new nanny to carry, she started to cry. Geez, I was just standing next to her but she wasn't having any of it. Huge tears swelled in her eyes and she kept reaching out her arms for me. The new nanny was like "Woah... she is sooo sticky to mommy!"
"Oei Beanie, please don't scare the new nanny away... " I was thinking secretly to myself. Anyway I told the new nanny that we really gotta work together to allow a stress-free transition. Or else, Beanie will be a difficult baby to handle.
Sigh. She is usually such a happy baby. Bringing her out for meals is usually fuss-free and very enjoyable. We just had a wonderful lunch at Itacho Sushi (Ion) this afternoon with a girlfriend of mine. Beanie was very well behaved, happily munching on her baby biscuits, blowing cute raspberries at strangers and chewing on her fav toy, Sophie the giraffe.
I really hope that this new nanny will work out. I have read up on some materials on how to lessen stranger anxiety in babies, so hopefully those tips will work!
1 comment:
Oh dear! Not to scare you but I have a friend whose daughter is 11 years old and she has separation anxiety too. My friend has to go to school with her and sit in the next room! So Wen-ai, better really get into training Beanie!
Post a Comment